Implementation of a GIS applied to the monitoring of the charter of the future Baie de Somme Picardie maritime RNP
Recognized as a destination with an exceptional natural, cultural and landscape heritage, the territory of Baie de Somme Picardie maritime (134 communes) is about to be labeled Regional Natural Park in 2020.
Since 2013, the Syndicat Mixte Baie de Somme 3 Vallées (BS3V) has been in charge of implementing the draft Charter for the Baie de Somme Picardie Maritime NRP. At the same time, it manages the Territorial Coherence Scheme (SCoT), the Climate Air Energy Plan (PCAET) and the Ponthieu-Baie de Somme Pays d'Art et d'Histoire labelling project.
Thus, BS3V carries out actions in various fields (Environment, Town and Country Planning, Culture, Energy, Heritage, Tourism, etc.) where GIS data are used and fed by the Park's technical team. The number of data produced or collected has increased considerably in recent years. Moreover, this data is not widely used by local stakeholders and partners of the Park.
In order to prepare the increase of the union's actions following the labeling of the Regional Natural Park, BS3V wishes to restructure the organization of its data and to perpetuate the GIS tool. Within this framework, BS3V is recruiting a trainee to assist the GIS referent during this reorganization.
Component 1: Structuring of the Park Joint Syndicate's GIS
- Establish a diagnosis of the administration and structuring of the existing GIS. This inventory requires the study and the formalization of the "business" needs of the agents, as well as the search for examples of organization in similar public authorities. Proposals may also be based on pooling with other actors in the area.
- Propose different scenarios for the evolution of the data management system.
- Assistance with the implementation of the chosen solution.
- This inventory and proposals for structuring will be presented to the team and the Park's partners in order to make them aware of the good practices of shared data management, renew or propose data sharing agreements)
Component 2: Facilitating the use of GIS
- Inventory, evaluation and sorting of data,
- Research of repositories or development of standardised data models (exchanges with the actors and partners concerned),
- Implementation of a metadata cataloguing tool,
- Elaboration of advice for partners (specifications for data from urban planning documents, environmental studies, etc.),
- In consultation with the Park team, development of tools (plugins, etc.) to facilitate the use of GIS (visualization, data creation).
Component 3: Valuing the Park's actions
- Realization of spatial analyses and cartographic creations for the different services of the joint syndicate,
- Cartographic valuation of the actions carried out on the territory of the Park,
- Multifactorial spatial analyses (according to the indicators of the charter) showing the evolution of the territory.
- BAC+5 in Geomatics
Desired skills :
- HQIS Practice
- Knowledge in programming and database management: Python, SQL
- Synthesis, writing skills, teamwork
- The most appreciated: the world of local authorities and knowledge of the territorial issues addressed in the missions of a regional nature park.
- 4 to 6 months
- The internship will start according to the trainee's availability.
- Remuneration in line with a capped traineeship bonus.
Working conditions :
- Compensation according to the regulations in force
- Start date: March-April 2020
- Position based in Abbeville (80)
Applications (CV and cover letter) should be sent as soon as possible to: firstname.lastname@example.org